Be part of the 2016 Duck Fest Art Show! We believe that art is a reflection of the creative spiriti and that each artist has a unique voice that should be heard.
The 2016 Art Show will be held October 14 – 15, and we invite you to submit your art – be it paintings, sculpture, artisan crafts, ceramics, and photography! Show us your individual style and make DFAS the most talked about event of the season!
Open to all artists, of any age, using any subject or media.
Enter your works for display and/or sale.
NO commission is taken on sold pieces, and monetary prizes will be given.
People’s Choice Award for Adult Category $200, & (2) Honorable Mentions $50 each
People’s Choice Award for Youth (10-15) $100, & (2) Honorable Mentions $50 each
Judging Awards: $100 each for the following categories:
2D Design (Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Watercolor, etc.)
3D Design (Sculpture, Ceramics, Woodworking, Crafts, etc.)
Youth (ages 10-15)
Like us on Facebook/DuckFestND, or check out our website at www.bowdonnd.com/duck-fest.html for more information on events over the weekend. For Art Show inquiries, contact Amber Fortney at (701) 412-1095 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Bowdon Duck Fest Art Show Rules
October 14 & 15, 2016
Bowdon School, Bowdon, North Dakota
1. Artist may enter any age of work, any subject of work, up to (5) works. Entry forms must be received by October 10, 2016. $5.00 per regular sized piece, or series, or $2.00 per miniature piece. Fee must accompany the entry form. Late entries will not be accepted. Without payment entries will not be displayed. Make checks payable to Bowdon Duck Fest Art Show.
2. Each piece must be signed, original work. No unsigned work will be accepted.
3. All work needs to be display-ready. We prefer wire hanging, but all hangers must be secure. If displaying an unusual piece, please provide your own easel or stand. Artwork must be able to fit through a 36” doorway.
4. To be considered as a series, pieces must be variations of the same subject, media and coloration. Size must be similar or in congruent configuration, with matting and framing the same.
5. Miniatures are classified as 8” x 10” or smaller.
6. All work must be identified with the name of the artist, title, and medium/material it’s made of.
7. Designate either the purchase price or NFS (not for sale) for each pieces. The committee will act as brokers; collecting payment for pieces sold during the show with NO commission charged to the artist. However, purchased work will not be allowed to be removed from the show until check-out time. Distribution of purchase funds will be made to the artist at check-out.
8. DELIVERY OPTIONS:
a. Artwork drop-off is available at the Bowdon School, October 10 – 13, 2016.
b. All artwork must be received by October 13 at 9:00 pm.
c. Setup will be Thursday, October 13, from 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm at Bowdon School.
d. Artwork can be submitted via postage, but must be received by October 13. Contact the Art Show Committee for details on mailing and return postage assistance.
e. Artwork may be dropped off at Bismarck State College, LEA Hall from 8-3 on Wednesday, October 12th. Artwork will be transported to Bowdon, and returned to BSC for pick-up on Tuesday, October 18 at 5:00 pm. *Package artwork safely for transport.
9. CHECK OUT:
a. Checkout will be October 15, 2016 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm.
b. Pieces will be released only to the artist, their authorized delegate, or purchaser presenting a valid receipt.
c. All awards, money and help with carrying out will be supplied at that time.
d. Please contact the Art Show Committee to make arrangements for alternative pickup as needed.
Contact Andrea Fagerstrom: 701-391-9840 to arrange another drop-off or pick-up time.
10. *Every effort will be made to protect the art pieces and handle them with care. However, Duck Fest will not be responsible for insurance coverage, loss, theft, or damage of any work. Items must be appraised and insured at the artist’s expense.
© 2016. Bowdon, ND. All rights reserved.